The Nineveh Council of America (NCA) provides advocacy for Iraqi’s and minorities (Chaldean Assyrian Syriac and Yazidis) and support throughout the Middle East for these displaced communities.
- To foster public awareness on matters of importance to the Chaldean American community (religious persecution of Chaldean Christians in the Middle East);
- To influence and guide U.S. policy on matters of interest to the community;
- To represent the collective Chaldean American viewpoint on matters of public policy, while serving as liaison between the community and their elected officials.
- Deepening of the community’s network among U.S. Government officials, Congress, think tanks, Congressional Research Service, NGOs and foreign missions;
- Establish relationships with lawmakers, policymakers, regulators and other key officials in Washington;
- Engage in coalition building with organizations holding similar interests.
5.2 Outreach Goals
- Promotes and protects religious freedom and provides humanitarian relief to the affected minority communities of Iraq;
- Supports military action against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant;
- Forms an international coalition to protect religious minorities;
- Pressures Iraq’s Government to provide aid and monetary relief for the internally displaced persons;
- Establishes safe passage for Iraqi Christians as well as other ethno-religious minorities;
- Condemns violence against religious minorities in the Middle East and any actions that limit the free practice of faith by these minorities;
- Urges the Obama Administration to appoint a Special Envoy to Promote Religious Freedom of Religious Minorities in the Near East and South Central Asia;
- Reaffirms the commitment of the United States to promoting religious freedom and tolerance around the world and help provide ongoing humanitarian aid and support;
- Calls on the governments of the Middle East to uphold the internationally recognized human right to freedom from religious persecution and to end all forms of violence and discrimination against religious minorities;
- Coordinates with the government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government to find peaceful resolutions of territorial disputes;
- Directs the government of Iraq to issue a public report on abuses against, and the marginalization of minorities.