Responsible for leading pre-construction and estimating efforts. Estimates include small to large size commercial projects, mostly interior build-outs, but may have some ground up projects. Directly involved in developing and supporting new client relationships, maintaining existing subcontractor relationships, client engagement and presentations. This position may require travel from time to time. Other responsibilities include:
- Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
- Develop estimates, budgets, quantity surveys and proposals accurately and competitively using most recent available information and technologies to be most competitive and comprehensive.
- Work with Project Managers to bid out projects and summary bids for recommendation to proceed with work.
- Work with the Project Manager to select the best subcontractor considering both price and quality.
- Review final project costs to ensure we are working within the budgets provided and to learn for future projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in construction or related industry and 5 years of estimating experience
- Proficient with estimating software and CAD Software
- Conceptual estimating experience with a General Contractor
- Familiar with LEED requirement
- Prior project management experience a plus
- Willing to travel for site visits and bid deliveries