We are looking for someone who makes things happen on a daily basis. In this position that means organizing and building a world-class commercial construction department. This includes the following daily responsibilities:
- Manages all phases of the projects.
- Studies project specifications and blueprints to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times, staffing requirements, and materials for each phase of construction.
- Confers with and directs superintendents, workers and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction.
- Maintain our stellar quality reputation given the expected growth and immigration laws.
- Attract, spot, hire and continually develop team to be leaders.
- Train project managers and empower them to reach their goals.
- Provided the WOW experience to all our clients.
As our Vice President of Construction, you will be driving strategy through company culture and employee loyalty. You’ll get to co-create, design, develop, implement and assess project management procedures, quality control and safety methods to support our Strategic Business Plan. One of your main focus will be to hire and lead quality people. You will schedule all production projects, be responsible for the job cost reporting, and the success of all the crews.
You need to be organized and serious about following up. You’re the type of person who does what you say you’ll do and never makes false promises. A huge part of that is remembering the promises you make and why you made them. You execute the work with excellence and a high sense of urgency. You don’t understand procrastinators because you are not one.
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Science and Management or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction.
- Proven track record of building high performance teams.
- Technical training and team development programs that are effective.
- Advance user of technologies for project management, job cost and scheduling.